- This event has passed.
Kinomatics Session 1 – Culture, Meaning and #datatoo
5 April, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
You are warmly invited to Session 1 of our ground-breaking project.
Hear from key individuals on how Kinomatics is transforming the study of culture.
The Kinomatics project uses both big and small data in imaginative ways to reveal new knowledge about creative industries such as the film and music sectors.
Date: Thursday, April 5th
Time: 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Location: University of Technology Sydney, 15 Broadway, Tower Building, level 22, room 10
1:00 pm – 1:30 pm Overview – Prof Deb Verhoeven, UTS
1:30 pm – 3:00 pm Kinomatics Showcase – Individual papers
- Modeling Film Distribution from Historical Notions of Social Exchange – Paul S. Moore, Ryerson University, Canada
- More than Just Blockbusters: Defining Five Types of International Film Distribution – Vejune Zemaityte, Deakin University
- Distributing Gender: What the prevalence of screenings reveals about film demand at the cinema and patriarchy in different countries – Bronwyn Coate, RMIT
- Gender on Screen and Behind the Camera: The German case– Christine Linke, University of Rostock & Skadi Loist, Film University Babelsberg
3:00 pm – 3:30 pm Afternoon Tea
3:30 pm – 5:00 pm Papers and panel
- A new cultural policy framework for Australia – Ben Eltham, Monash University
- Experimenting for Equality: policies and programs in the global screen industries – Amanda Coles, Deakin University
- Industry policy and data panel – Ben and Amanda will be joined by panelists David Court, Executive Director Compton School and Kingston Anderson, CEO Australian Directors Guild
Drinks and canapes at the conclusion. RSVP essential.
Please complete your registration here.
You may also be interested in registering for Sessions 2 &/or 3 on the April 6th.
We look forward to seeing you on the 5th.